Friday, September 16, 2011

We might rest our heads... here...!


We got the contract on the house!!  We couldn’t be more excited about it.  I promised pictures, particularly for my friends and family far away.  So here's a little tour of what we hope will become our new house!  

(Since my blog is public, I’m leaving out the location and a picture of the front.  We will get that information to those that want it, after we close.) 


Welcome!  Come on in!  :o)  This begins our virtual tour... 
   
You walk into a large main room; on the left is a wood burning fireplace.  (Score!)  I already know which one of my grandmother's paintings I'll put up over the fireplace.  :o) 


Straight ahead and to the left is what is considered the dining area (we have some other ideas). The door on the left leads to the one car garage.  

There is a sliding glass door in the dining area that opens onto a fairly good sized deck. 

The kitchen is a little small and full of out dated appliances that I can't wait to replace!  We have some long term ideas on how to expand and update the kitchen area...




Down the hallway, on the right is a very large closet.  (Hello, pantry!)  I am so excited about closet space!  In our current house, we have 2 bedroom closets and that's it!  I can't wait to have more!!  There are 3 closets just in the main hallway!!  

Lil Pea's room!

First bedroom (office, perhaps?)















To the left is the basement door, which we’ll come back to.  If you go down the hall a bit further, you’ll come to the first bedroom.   It’s relatively small, but a good enough size for children.  Then, there’s a linen closet, also to the right (not pictured, figured you didn't need to see every closet, lol).  One more step and you come to what will be Lil Pea’s bedroom!  It’s directly across from the Master bedroom. 



The Master has a cool “tray” ceiling, a walk in closet, and a master bathroom.  The master bathroom has a large bathtub (with enough room to upgrade to a Jacuzzi tub later) and a large sink counter (that we could turn into His & Her sinks in the future).  It also has its own linen closet, which I was totally in love with. 

Master Bathroom
Walk in closet!!



At the end on the hallway is the other full bathroom. 

Now, let’s go down to the basement, shall we!  Yay!! 


Down the basement stairs to the left is a fourth bedroom.  We plan on turning that into our guest room.  The guest room has sliding glass doors that open onto the lower deck (not pictured).  


To the right of the stairs is a very large family room.  This room is sort of a backwards “L” shape.  In the lower line of the “L” is where we’d set up the sofa and TV and whatnot. 

In the longer part of the “L” the unfinished laundry room is off to the left (where my mom is standing) and an unfinished room is off to the right.  This will probably be Richard's "man cave" one day.


At the top of the “L” is a little pocket that will house my exercise equipment perfectly!  And we already have a gate that will block it from Lil Pea!


Now, let's head outside! 


The back yard is fairly heavily sloped and rumor has it that that’s how we ended up with the contract.  We don’t mind though, because there are ways to creatively use the space.  Our neighbors even have a shed... 



At the back edge of the property is a creek!  You can hear it rippling along from the decks and I can’t wait to clear that space out so you can see it too.  We will need to fence the yard, but we figure we’ve got a couple of years to do that.  There are a few trees, but I’m not sure I like them.  I might want to remove those and put in new ones.  I’m not sure what kind of landscaping I’ll do yet.  I have time to figure that out, though. 




The only downside to getting this house is that we have a lot we’d like to do with it over time.  So, financially, it’s in our best interest that I go ahead and go back to work.  I’ll be honest, I’m not even a little excited about going back to work. But with a new baby and a new house… it makes sense to send me back. 


One last thing… There are still plenty of things that could go wrong.  Though we were preapproved for the loan, there are still reasons that it may not go through.  If there is anything wrong with the house that the bank refuses to fix and must be completed for us to secure the loan, then we’ll lose the house.  We can’t afford to go replace a roof or foundation or something crazy.  As of right now though, things look really good.  We’ll keep you posted on how things progress!  :o) 



2 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow, it looks amazing!!!

Sara said...

Thanks, Nikki!! As you can see, there's lots to paint. lol!! ;o) And plenty of room to play some games!