Yesterday was a pretty big day for the Everingham Fam. We were heading off to the doctor’s office for a Lil Pea check up and anatomy ultrasound. My appointment had been scheduled for November 8th, but I received a call from them offering to bump up my appointment. I readily agreed. My mom was able to take the morning/day off and come with us.
So, I’ll be honest. I was a nervous wreck! We haven’t seen Lil Pea since what we thought was our 12 week ultrasound. As it turned out, we were only 7 weeks and 3 days rather than the 12 we’d calculated based on my menstrual cycle. While we figured we were closer to 10 weeks… finding out we were at only 7 was a big adjustment. I spent the next five or six weeks feeling pretty anxious, until we were “back in the clear” and the risk of miscarriage went down – for real this time. Lol! So, needless to say, I was worried about what surprises Lil Pea might have in store for us this time.
Our appointment was supposed to be at 10:15. I’m pretty sure that we weren’t even back in the ultrasound room until 11:30. I was feeling pretty bad since mom had taken off work. Plus, the suspense was killing me! I knew I was just minutes (or what felt like hours) from seeing my Lil Pea again. And maybe, if he/she cooperated, we’d get to find out Lil Pea's gender.
We’ll keep the suspense to a minimum here… We finally got back to see the ultrasound technician. It was also my first meeting with the high risk pregnancy specialist. Everything went wonderfully and we have the following pictures to prove it. :o)
Lil Pea’s profile
Lil Pea’s Lil Toes
Lil Pea waving to the camera
And the one you’ve all been waiting for….! Lil Pea’s girly parts.
Yuppers!!
We’re having a GIRL!!
We did get a facial shot, but she wiggled. Her face is kind of scary, as it's got no fat on it yet. Since she moved as the picture was being taken, she looks pretty skeletal. I’m sure as she starts to pack on the pounds, she look even more human. Her profile is pretty cute and she’s got a cute little nose. She has all her little limbs and digits, from what we could see. One hand was behind her head and we could get a clear shot of it. All of her readings fell right within the normal ranges (heartbeat of 152) and she measures in the 70th percentile so far in all her bones and brain development. She weighs in at about 11 ounces (and I still haven’t gained anything).
We are going back to bi-weekly appointments again, which kind of bums me out. These will just be checking up on my sugars and other nutritional levels. Since we’re a high risk pregnancy, we get to see lots of our little Pea. Our next ultrasound will be on December 15th. I’m so excited and the more I think about her being a little her, the more excited I become. I’m sure many of you know, I really wanted a boy. But I am being 100% honest when I say I’m totally thrilled we’re having a little girl.
I can’t wait, Lil Pea!!!!!! 20 more weeks (we hope) and we get to meet you!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment