Monday, March 11, 2013

An Inspired Morning


My husband had to leave early for an appointment this morning.  Though I’ve asked him repeatedly to not slam the front door when he leaves… guess what he did.  There I am, laying snug and warm in bed with hopes of a little extra shut-eye this morning, and the baby starts crying because Daddy slammed the door.  Frustrated, I hauled myself out of bed, hobbled into the bathroom to pee, and scooped up the dog to let him out for his morning constitutional before getting my Punkin-Face up for the day.  Imagine my surprise when I return upstairs to find her fast asleep! 

Score!!

Since I’m now well awake, I decide to take a nice hot shower.  I linger.  It’s bliss! 

She’s still snoozing!!  Oh my goodness, what do I do with myself!?

Creek last spring
Inspiration hits.  One of the things I loved about living at my parents’ house is their back porch.  We used to gather there in the mornings, sip our coffee, and chat about all sorts of things.  They have a nice bird bath and several bird feeders, so it’s a hot spot of activity. 

I grabbed a cup of coffee, a blanket off the back of the sofa, my hubby’s too-big-for-me-slippers, Sam’s monitor, and the dog.  Out I went!  I got to enjoy a whole cup of coffee and watch the birds.  We don’t do too badly in the bird department with the creek running along the edge of our property, the golf course just a stone’s throw away, and I can see the Opequon from my back deck.  I watched a Downy woodpecker attack a tree, a cardinal take a bath, a crane fly overhead, and a spattering of other beauties. 

The photo's not mine, but it's a Downy Woodpecker.
When I finished my coffee, I was torn between soaking up every moment I could of peace and quiet before my daughter wakes up versus coming inside to write about my blissful morning.  Sam made the call for me, as she just then started to stir. 

After several very busy and stressful days, this was JUST what the doctor ordered.  A nice, relaxing, and peaceful start to what I hope becomes a BEAUTIFUL day!!  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole
thing is existing on web?

my web page http://www.pulawireless.hr/index.php?option=com_easygb&Itemid=120

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you so much, However I am going through troubles with your RSS.
I don't know why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody having the same RSS problems? Anyone that knows the solution will you kindly respond? Thanks!!

Also visit my web-site: miscrits of sunfall