Thursday, April 11, 2013

Happy Birthday, Aunt Jani!

A few weeks ago, my Aunt Jani had a very special birthday.  The families snuck around behind her back and planned a little surprise for her.  So on the 23rd of March, we packed up and drove up to Delaware to surprise my Aunt for her birthday!  Yay! 


With 'cousin/aunt' Jodi
It had been several months since Sam saw her ‘cousin’ Brayden and we had not yet gotten to meet our newest family member, Brooklyn.  I was really excited to see how Sam would react to other children, since at this juncture she doesn’t have much interaction with other kids.  She was fascinated with Brayden!!  She watched him like a hawk and followed him around some. 

Baby Brookly!  So sweet!
Brooklyn was a DOLL!!  It was so nice holding an itty bitty one again.  It makes me excited for our upcoming addition! 

With 'cousin/uncle' Bryan
Sam fell head-over-heels for her ‘cousin/uncle’ Bryan. 

She was a peach!  Very well behaved and charming to everyone.  We stayed overnight and Sam did wake up in the middle of the night.  She wasn’t interested in going back in the pack-n-play, so she got to sleep with Mommy.  That’s only the second time that I’ve brought her to bed with me.  Of course, Sam slept like a rock after that and Mommy didn’t do much more than doze.  I really don’t know how parents do that co-sleeping thing…  I don’t mind on occasion; I like watching her sleep, but that’s not something I could do all the time. 

Anyway, we had a great time and it was so wonderful to see everyone!!  I can’t wait for our next visit!!  
My Mom and her sister, the Birthday Girl, Aunt Jani!

High Fives with her new best friend
Uncle B got icing on her nose!  

Helping Aunt Heather with some social networking

No comments: