Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Scrubbing Pots and Watching Her Garden Grow

I know, I know!  Torturous wait! 

Well, it’s Week 1 of my new life.  Last time we talked I was planning on taking a sabbatical from work.  Things turned out to be a bit different than originally planned and I ended up resigning my position with the National Park Service.  To make a long story short, my husband and I decided that it would be best if I just moved on rather than linger on the fringes hoping for things to get better.  They were very kind and offered me several wonderful alternatives, but in the end it would not have changed the reasons for my unhappiness there.  I left them officially to concentrate on starting our family and trying on a new lifestyle.  So I was able to leave on happier terms.  I am happy and content with this decision. 

So, onward to my new lifestyle!  So far things haven’t changed much.  On Monday, I welcomed my Grandmother back to West Virginia and spent the afternoon chatting with her.  We’ve missed her so much and the whole family looks forward to her spending her summers with us.  We were recently informed of her decision to move into an Assisted Living facility – in Chicago.  Needless to say, we were all a little upset about this decision.  She had been living with my Aunt and Uncle, who just sold their house and are moving back east.  We were all hoping that she’d be moving back east as well – with them or with my parents.  However, she’s decided that it’s best for all parties involved that she take this new path in life.  While I wish her decision was a little different, if it brings her happiness, I’ll stand by her.  She’s a well loved lady… I’ll be sad to see her leave in July. 

Tuesday was rather lazy.  Richard is off on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so we kind of lounged around.  Today, however, I conquered the kitchen!  It was nice to get some order back to my house and since the kitchen is solely my domain, it was a pleasure to return it to its former glory. 

Our little garden out back is flourishing!  We planted radishes, carrots, onions, corn, cabbage, bell peppers, and cucumbers.  Everything is growing!  I’m not sure what it will yield, but it’s a good start and I’m excitedly watching it grow. 

No news on the baby front.  I’ve started on a medication that supposed to help regulate my blood sugar and help me to lose a little weight.  So far, the results have been positive.  I haven’t lost much, but hoping that my new schedule will allow me to focus on upping that number.  I’ve pushed the pause button on using the fertility monitor for this cycle.  I feel like we’ve got enough going on right now that I don’t need to add further stress.  I know that might sound a little silly, but I get so wrapped up in the whole process.  Ignoring it, for the moment, feels like the right thing to do. 

So that’s it in a nutshell!  I promise to be better at posting things in the coming weeks.  It’s been a little crazy and I didn’t want to wax on about my job drama.  Now that it’s over, I feel like I can move forward with a more positive outlook on the future.  I’m excited about my new lifestyle and hope that I can accomplish all the goals I’ve set for myself!     

1 comment:

DrylsHrlyAngl said...

I am absolutely thrilled for you!!!! I think that this is such an awesome move for you & I can so see this lifestyle fitting you!! I wish you luck in every aspect of it from conquering each room of your home, watching your little garden grow, enjoying the time you will have for yourself & also all the positive things that will be happening in the baby section. I'm so very proud of you & hope that things continue to get better & better. You are on an awesome path that is sure to provide you many great things & the opportunity to truly enjoy & take on life!!! Love you!!!