Friday, August 31, 2012

Five months already!?


Ahhhhh, a few blissful moments of silence as my baby snoozes peacefully in her swing.  I thought I’d take advantage of the quiet and write up a little blog post.  Where, oh where, does the time go...!?

Tummy time with a side of drool
First, Samantha.  Five months old on August 28th!  She’s doing fabulously!  Her favorite things include: her swing, her bouncer, her twisty rattle, her two sheep stuffed animals, and her toes.  She really enjoys the recent addition of “dinner” to her food plan, haha!  We’ve only tried yogurt, apple sauce, bananas, and green beans at this time.  She’s definitely not into the green beans yet, but we’re continuing to try them every couple of days.  She made it through a whole ice cube last night, so progress is being made.  Sam rolls around all of the time now.  She’s also sitting up a lot more.  Her balance is a little iffy and we have to help her into a sitting position first.  She keeps teasing us when it comes to crawling.  She’s thrust her little body into a sort of triangle and then push her little feet and sort of slide forward, but it still seems sort of accidental.  She’s much better at slowly working her way backwards.  This frustrates her and usually results in tears. 

Her sleep schedule is still really great.  I’m so thankful that she sleeps so well at night.  Nap time, however, is a different story.  They usually last for about twenty minutes, on average.  Some days, I might get a full hour out of her, but it’s rare.  Sam still hasn’t really laughed.  We get some chuckles every now and then and lots of delighted squeals or huge gummy grins.  We thought she might be ticklish, but so far that hasn’t really panned out.  She loves it when we pretend to eat her toes or blow raspberries on her belly. 

Comfort from Daddy
Every day with her is an adventure and it’s so much fun to watch her explore and play.  I am so full of pride and joy when she tries something new and gives me that “proud of myself” grin.  It’s almost like she’s saying “Did you see me, Mommy!?  Did you see what I can do now!?”  I love it and it just totally melts my heart. 

Even her “bad” days aren’t all that bad.  It amazes me how I can feel so frustrated when she whines and fusses or wakes up after 15 minutes of ‘nap’, but then all I do is pick her up and it all melts away.  I find that it’s never frustration with her, but at not feeling like I have the time to do whatever it is I’m trying to do.  It’s neat to feel the difference and reinforces the feelings of ‘motherhood’ in me.  It’s also pretty amazing to me to feel how much my love for her grows each day.  How can a full heart just expand and expand?  You think it’s full to capacity and then you look at her and know your heart just got bigger.  I can’t imagine a life without her in it and it almost feels like she has always been a part of our lives. 

Bliss!  Life is just total bliss!

The other part of our lives that’s taking up a lot of time is the house.  We are finally starting to make some of the changes and improvements that we’ve wanted to do.  Of course, it’s a slow-going process since money is tight.  Still, it’s pretty exciting to see the progress.  We’re starting with projects that were included in our home inspection (sealing hairline cracks in our foundation, repairing some little odds and ends, and taking out some bushes that are too close to the house).  Then we’re doing some fun projects, such as painting the living room and organizing the garage.  Richard’s in progress on that now and will be writing his own blog on the completed project.     

Then there are things we’re doing to prepare for our upcoming house-guest.  My mother-in-law is going to be moving in with us at the end of September.  She’s planning to move to Florida to be closer to her brother and sisters.  She wants to buy a house down there and needs a few months to save up her money.  In preparation for her stay, we’ve put new blinds in the windows downstairs and dark out curtains in our office/craft room, which will be her bedroom.  We’re going to lay some linoleum in the laundry room (a temporary fix until we have the funds/time to finish that room completely).  She’s got four cats that will also be staying with us and we’ll set up a spot for them in the laundry room.  We’re going to move Richard’s office space into the guest room upstairs instead and then there’s a lot of furniture rearranging to do so that everyone is comfortable.  All this should keep us pretty busy for the next month!

News on South George and our attempt at short selling it is limited.  We know that the bank ‘approved’ it and sent my file to the USDA for approval.  This put us on another 4 to 6 week wait until we hear if it’s been approved by the USDA.  Then, I think, we get to set a closing date on the contract we have on the house.  If not, we’re back to the drawing board.  Let’s hope we don’t have to go back to the drawing board, because any of the other options (including, but not limited to, renting it out to someone else) would cost us a whole lot of money we just don’t have.  I remain cautiously optimistic. 

Well, that’s the quick and dirty regarding the big things in our lives.  Samantha is stirring and I should get dinner (BBQ pork riblets in the crock pot, yumm!) started before she fully wakes.  

Hope all is well to those of you bored enough to make it through my blog!  ;o)   *LOVE* 

No comments: