Wow, what a busy
weekend!!
| Tummy Time |
Monday (which is our
Saturday), Richard took Sam downstairs for some quality daddy/daughter time
while I cleaned the heck out of our bathroom.
We’re talking rearranging and organizing cabinets and closets, hands and
knees kind of cleaning. I also made it
through our bedroom, Sam’s room, and the guest bathroom. Then, during a quick break to nurse Sam,
Richard and I started talking about rearranging the guest bedroom into his
office space. My mother-in-law is moving
in with us for a couple of months before she heads to Florida. We’re going to set up a bedroom for her in
our downstairs bedroom, which currently operates as my craft room and Richard’s
office. Some rearranging needs to take place before she gets here (roughly the end of September).
With Samantha
comfortably settled in her bouncer, Richard and I started moving the guest
bedroom furniture into our storage room downstairs. It was heavy and a lot of running back and
forth, but we managed it in quick time thanks to tag teaming it. Then, it was time to move the desk from
downstairs to the upstairs bedroom…
Holy cow!
If that thing weighs
less than 200 pounds I’d be amazed. Did
we take it apart? Why on earth would we
do something that smart!? Oh no, we just
heaved the damn thing up our steep flight of stairs. With me pulling the front of the desk up one stair at a time and Richard holding most of the weight behind, we made very
slow and painful progress. I feared I
would give out, if we didn’t quickly come up with a better idea. About a third of the way up the stairs, he
tells me to run to the garage and get a piece of plywood. I feel it’s important to mention here that I
married the Incredible Hulk. Once he got
the idea to lay a piece of plywood under the desk, he basically shoved the awkward
bulk up the stairs in one giant push.
Unfortunately, the plywood stopped three stairs before the top, so I had
to pull it up the last three steps.
Luckily, I’m a pretty strong chick.
Haha!
There was no way the
beast of a desk was going to fit and turn down the hallway and into its final destination. We talked again about disassembling it, but
Richard said it would be a huge pain in the tookus to do so. Richard said, “lift toward me” and we’d try
once more flipping it on its side; the desk protested immediately. The cabinet where the CPU could be placed
split all the way across. We stood it
back upright and stared at it, standing there limping in defeat. Now what?
| The desk in its new home |
Well, in an effort to
shorten my story, I got the idea to take a spare piece of plywood and brace the
CPU cabinet leg of the desk. It worked
like a charm. Though, in the process of
laying it down for operation, we discovered how stupidly easy it would have
been to just take the hutch off of the damn desk. It could have saved us TONS of time and TONS
of energy. On the bright side, I definitely
got my workout in that day!
Monday ended with two
exhausted adults and a pooped out baby.
I didn’t get all my cleaning done, but it was time well spent,
nonetheless.
| The guys and the trees |
Tuesday, Richard’s
buddy John and my parents came over for Tree Day! We were taking down a very sad looking cedar
that I’ve hated since day one, a walnut that was uncomfortably close to the deck,
and a tree-bush that was just plain ugly.
I won’t get into the details, as that’s what my hubby’s blog is
for. However, I will say that those guys
worked their butts off and I’m totally over-the-moon about the results! My poor husband was moving very slowly this
morning, indeed. I really wish I could
have been out there helping them.
This week promises to
be another busy one. I want to finish my
household projects (cleaning closets and scrubbing down the house). I also have a few crafty things I’d like to
work on. I have two visits with very
dear family friends, one coming over this evening and one we’re going to see
tomorrow. Plus, there’s that baby of
ours! She’s been into everything she can
get her hands on lately and I can’t get enough of it!
Richard’s schedule has
been adjusted this week and he’ll be working 12 – 8. He’s been in charge of dinner and bath time
with Samantha (while I cook our dinner) since his shift change to 11 – 7 a few
months ago. So this week, Momma gets to splash
around with the squirt. Unfortunately,
it also means several late evening dinners for us.
Ah well, it’s just a week.
Anyway, it was a fun
and busy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment