Oh well, it’s not all
bad. Usually the more negative pregnancy
symptoms fade at the end of the first trimester and feeling baby move comes
swiftly after that! I’ve missed that sensation,
so I’m looking forward to that. Anyway,
I digress…
Our appointment was to
do the dating ultrasound (make sure the due date is on track, make sure there
is only one baby in there, ect.) and to do a fasting blood sugar and go over my
results from the glucose panel they drew blood for last time I was there. We were seeing Dr. B today, who I kind of
liked from last time. She was much more
cheerful this morning! Well, the quick
and dirty…
One baby!! Yay!!
I’m not even going to lie; I was totally holding my breath. Richard’s been teasing me about twins since
we found out we were pregnant. Since the
day we were riding in my car and he said, “Baby, even if your car broke down
right now, we’d be okay” and my car immediately died… I’ve been wary of the words that come out of
his mouth. (Especially since that’s not
the only seemingly clairvoyant thing he’s said.) But this time, his teasing was only
teasing! Just one little blob floating
around in there.
His/her heartbeat was
totally perfect, nice and strong. He/she measured exactly 10 weeks, so our due date will be May 20, 2013. And
when Dr. B paused in her measurements, the little one started to wiggle
around! She was able to get a picture of
a teeny tiny foot! Well, that was it for
me. I totally melted. Okay, Baby #2, I’m officially ready for you!
![]() |
| Tiny foot! |
![]() |
| Swimmin' |
After the ultrasound, I stopped by the Lab for my fasting sugar check. The lady was explaining things and mentioned we want a number under 92. I laughed and said I was shooting for 87. She asked if I had GD last time and I said that I had. She ran the machine (WAY more high tech than my little Contour) and started laughing. I hit it right on the money, 87!! I fully admit, I fist pumped. Haha! On my way out, I ran into Dr. B in the hallway and she said she'd forgotten to mention (and I'd forgotten to ask) that my three month panel came back all normal!! She said I was in the clear - so keep eating right and checking periodically. So far, no gestational diabetes!! Woohoo!!
My next appointment is November 20th.
In other news, Samantha Noel is now a crawling machine!! She’s all over the place. And, she’s also started pulling herself up (last week). So now, she’s grabbing anything within her reach and trying to pull herself up. I am ever amazed at how strong she is. People think of babies as being these super fragile little humans, but they are so much more than that! I mean, fragile to a point, absolutely. However, this little girl packs a powerful pull. Ouch! My hair! And it’s amazing to watch her concentrate so hard and focusing on all those little muscles to pull herself up right. Once she’s standing, she’s got no fear about just leaning and letting both her hands free or just hanging on with one hand. I imagine that’s because we’ve been practicing standing with her for a looooooong time. She’s a pro on her feet.
My next appointment is November 20th.
In other news, Samantha Noel is now a crawling machine!! She’s all over the place. And, she’s also started pulling herself up (last week). So now, she’s grabbing anything within her reach and trying to pull herself up. I am ever amazed at how strong she is. People think of babies as being these super fragile little humans, but they are so much more than that! I mean, fragile to a point, absolutely. However, this little girl packs a powerful pull. Ouch! My hair! And it’s amazing to watch her concentrate so hard and focusing on all those little muscles to pull herself up right. Once she’s standing, she’s got no fear about just leaning and letting both her hands free or just hanging on with one hand. I imagine that’s because we’ve been practicing standing with her for a looooooong time. She’s a pro on her feet.
Sam’s also got two
teeth now, her lowers. I was pretty sure
we had one coming down from the top, but it’s too hard to tell now and she won’t
let us look. Her introduction to food
continues to go well. Upon suggestion
from our pediatrician at Sam’s 6th month appointment, we’ve been
giving her little bits of table food. He
suggestion just full on feeding her what we eat, but I’m just not ready to do
that yet… So, I’m letting her try a few
things here and there. Veggies, eggs (on
his suggestion), dry toast, pasta, and a few other soft foods. She really loves eating with the family! Sam is also
drinking water now. Just a few
ounces a day, at the moment, but she seems to really like it.
She’s sleeping through the
night again, thank goodness! She giggles
a lot more these days, especially at the dog.
As I’m writing this, they are playing in a patch of sunlight on the floor
and Sam is giggling like crazy!! Her
laughter just… there are no words to describe the warmth that fills my heart
when she giggles!
Ummm, let’s see, what else
is there? Her babble remains about the
same. I’ve heard a few “f” sounds and
then mostly just the standard “dada,” “mummum,” various forms of “b” sounds,
and lots of vowels. She does recognize
her name, though she doesn’t always respond to it. She also seems to be making connections to
other frequently used words “bath,” “bottle,” “daddy,” “up,” and “hungry” seem
to be top of the list.
So, that’s the scoop on
our babies! I would have had this up
sooner, if I didn’t have to chase one of them around the living room. Haha!
Just kidding; I love chasing her around the house!



No comments:
Post a Comment