Saturday, September 7, 2013

Eeep! I'm going BALD!!

Hair down
 There are a lot of strange things that happen when you’re pregnant, during labor and delivery, while nursing, and after you have children.  Many of those strange things fall into that “They didn’t tell me about X-Y-Z!”  For example, when I was pregnant with Sam, I noticed a few skin tags appear on my neck…  Gross!  After panicking about what this might mean, I came to find out this isn’t abnormal during pregnancy.  I waited until she was born and removed them…  only to get a few more while pregnant with Sophie.  That’s just one thing on a long list of oddities that women experience for the sake of bringing new life into the world.  Small price, in my opinion, but I digress... 

Here’s another one of those weird little things “they didn’t tell me”…  Hair loss!  This is not abnormal, I’ve come to learn.  About three months or so after bring Sam home I noticed I was losing a lot of hair.  A crazy-lot of hair.  Like, fist fulls.  Ummmmm…. What!?!?  This went on for about a month or so and then stopped.  I had some pretty sizable “bald” spots above my temples.  But it didn’t last very long and new hair started to grow very quickly.  Oh wait, I’d gotten pregnant with Sophie when Sam was about 4 months old…!  Generally speaking, you have some of your best hair growth when you’re pregnant.  From what I’ve read, this postpartum hair loss can last six to twelve months after birth!!  My hair stopped falling out last time because I’d gone and gotten knocked up again. 

My future!?!?
Since there is no way under the sun I’m having any more babies (especially right now!), it looks like I might be in this for the long haul this time around…!  The hair loss just started about two or three weeks ago and is currently showing no signs of slowing down.  With my curls being what they are, the shorter pieces (the eventual new growth) is going to stick out the side of my head like Bozo the Clown…!  Maybe a new hair style is in order…? 


I guess I’ll wait and see where this ends up.  For the moment, while my hair looks MUCH thinner than usual it’s not that noticeable.  Pardon the selfies and the fact that I desperately need to see my hairdresser (in general), but I thought I’d share my funny little woes with the world.  Hahaha!  


Yikes!  Where is my hair!?!?

No ponytails for this lady!  


No comments: