![]() |
| Snoozing Sophie |
Mornings. I both love and hate my mornings. Pulling my over-tired self from bed is easily
my least favorite part. I hear those
miniature alarm clocks going off and I wish the girls came with snooze
buttons.
However, mornings also
are one of my favorite parts of the day.
Usually, Sophie is the first one up (sometime between 6:30 and
7:30). After the heaving myself out of
bed part, the gotta-pee-gotta-pee-gotta-pee part (when I long for my
pre-pregnancy bladder), and the clumsily making my way down the hallway where I
curse my total lack of balance part, I finally reach her crib-side. Scooping her up, she is ALL smiles! She’s just recently started cooing in earnest
and her squeals and noises of delight in seeing Momma are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
I like to take her into
the living room to nurse for this early morning snack. I can grab a cup of coffee and curl up on the
sofa and enjoy the quiet of the house.
It’s just me and my Bubbles. I
bask in this time. It’s going to be way
too fleeting!
Sam was everyone’s
baby. Being the first in our family,
everyone wanted a piece of her. Even
pre-birth, she was a star. We had a
fantastic baby shower, went shopping with family and friends for clothes and
goodies, and took VIPs to our ultrasound appointments. Sophie… well, she is a second child and was
way ahead of schedule. Throughout my
pregnancy with Sophie, all attention was still focused on Sam. I remember feeling that even when Sophie was
still swimming away she was all mine. Don’t
get me wrong, my family loves Sophie too!
It’s not like she’s neglected.
But she doesn’t get the same amount of lavished attention that Sam got
(and to some degree, still gets).
And ya know, that’s
okay. It’s okay because it almost makes
Sophie more ‘special’ to me. She’s MY
little girl. Sam is everyone’s
baby. Sophie is mine.
** Title is from a 4-H song I sing to my girls almost every morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment